Ask me about my favorite modern Longines, and it is most likely going to be the Longines Legend Diver. It is one of those watches that Longines absolutely nailed. But, I always had to continue my recommendation with “but”. And that was “but try it on first if you have a small wrist”. It seems like Longines has been eavesdropping as they have just removed any hesitation I would have in recommending this watch – they just released an entire set in 36mm!
Longines also very correctly does NOT address this to women or men only, rather they launch this watch as it should as a watch for any and all that love the (original) Legend Diver. A 36mm steel case, with an automatic movement, a retrolicious domed sapphire crystal is what they all have in common.
The series spans a variety of dial executions ranging from Mother-of-Pearl all the way to the classic black dial layout. The Rhodium plated hands are coated wit Super Luminova. All are available on leather strap and milanese bracelets.
Considering this has a lug to lug of 52mm this is a 36mm watch yes, but not a small watch by any means. Prices float around EUR 1.850,00 depending on the model you choose. Well played Longines, well played.
- REFERENCE NUMBERS: L3.318.104.22.168/6, L3.322.214.171.124/6, L3.3126.96.36.199/6
- CALIBRE: Calibre L592 (ETA A20.L11), Power reserve: 40 hours
- FUNCTIONS: Hours, minutes, second and date aperture at 3 o’clock
- CASE: Round 36 mm, stainless steel with internal turning diving bezel
- DIALS: Black or brown lacquered dial / white mother-of-pearl, Indices with squares coated with SuperLumiNova®
- HANDS: Polished rhodium plated with SuperLumiNova®
- WATER-RESISTANCE: To 30 bar (300meters)