We have a detailed look at a very special edition Seiko Prospex. This release is essentially celebrating the 62 MAS, the grand-daddy of Seiko dive watches. Now, I hear you thinking “Wait a minute – didn’t Seiko already celebrate the 62MAS a few times before?” – Well yes, but who am I to complain?
It is easy to want to draw a comparison with the recent SPB releases. The previously reviewed SPB143 being one of my personal top 3 watch releases of 2020 for example. However, there is quite the price gap between both these models. Why that is and if that makes any sense, you be the judge after watching the below video review:
- CaliberCaliber The caliber ('movement') is the heart and engine of a watch. It consists of a number of interconnected components that work together. Energy is transmitted through the gear train, to the escapement mechanism. The escapement mechanism releases this energy in a controlled manner. This drives the gear train, which ultimately rotates the hands of the watch and keeps time. [More Info] : Automatic 8L35
- Accuracy: +15 to -10 seconds per day
- Power ReserveRéserve de marche Also known as Power Reserve. A watch's power reserve refers to the amount of time a mechanical watch can run without being wound. The power reserve of a mechanical watch can vary depending on the size of the mainspring, the efficiency of the gear train, and the rate at which the mainspring releases energy. If a watch has a Power Reserve 'complication' it simply means that the status of the power reserve can be seen on the watch itself (either on the dial or movement side of the watch). [Learn More]: Approx. 50 hours
- Case Material: Ever-Brilliant Steel
- Crystal: Box shaped sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on inner surface
- Water Resistance: 200m / 660ft diver’s
- Case Size: Thickness 14.1 ㎜, Diameter 39.9 ㎜, Length 47.9 ㎜
- Other Specifications: Screw case back, Screw-down crownCrown The knob on the outside of the watch that you typically use to either wind the mainspring or set the time [Learn More], Unidirectional rotating bezel
- Date display, Stop seconds hand function
If you enjoy our video reviews, please don’t hesitate to subscribe to the channel.